Our Youth Engagement Officers work with children, young people, and their families on what is important to them. This is delivered by identifying the needs of children, young people and their families and facilitate the development and coordination of resources to reach their personal goals.
Our Youth Engagement Officers work with young people across Newcastle, Maitland, Dungog and surrounding areas.
Our Youth Engagement Officers can help with the following areas:
- Improving family relationships
- Life Challenges
- Group programs
- Identifying strengths and goals
- Connecting with education/work
- Building friendships and social support
Who we assist
Samaritans Youth Engagement Officers support:
- Young people 12-17 years who would like to positively engage with school, their family and community
- Young people transitioning to high school, focusing on early identification and collaboration with schools and families (8-12 years)
- Aboriginal children, young people, families and communities
- Young parents (under 18 years)