The Youth Alcohol and Other Drug Counsellor supports young people in the Hunter region who are impacted by drugs and/or alcohol use. The primary focus is to provide person-centred therapeutic support to address the adverse effects that are being caused to young people’s lives as a result of the use of alcohol or other drugs.
The Youth AOD Counsellor offers support:
- Through individual counselling sessions (up to 10 sessions)
- Harm reduction strategies
- Relapse management techniques
- Coping skills training
- Behaviour changing interventions
- Establishment of healthier lifestyles
- Family therapy and supports
Who we assist
The Youth AOD counselling program is a free service to support young people who:
- Are aged 12-25 seeking support to address their drug and/or alcohol use.
- Live in Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens, Cessnock, Maitland or Dungog.
Betty Damiandou, Samaritans Youth AOD Counsellor
Phone: 0439 664 813