National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
As a local registered service provider with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) Samaritans is able to provide quality support that is as individual as you are.
How does the NDIS work?
The NDIS provides funding to people with a disability based on their needs, hopes and dreams. Individuals are able to decide what their hopes and needs are, develop their NDIS plan, choose their provider and then live the life they want!
Begining your journey
If you are transitioning to the NDIS and are not sure where to begin, Samaritans is a good place to start. Have a chat with one of our friendly support advisors by calling 1300 656 336, email email@example.com or click here to complete an enquiry form.
NDIS Pre-Planning Workbook
Samaritans has developed a pre-planning workbook designed to help you prepare for your planning meeting with the NDIA.
Stories from the people we support
The Quinn Family
Samaritans provides personalised support to Vanessa and Peter Quinn’s three children- Tyler, Indie and Shaye. Vanessa says Samaritans support goes above and beyond what you expect.
Kath’s home with Samaritans
Samaritans provides Kath with supported accommodation in Newcastle. This has allowed Kath and her sister, Jenny, to re-establish their relationship as sisters.
The Stewart Family & their NDIS journey
Heatha and Michelle Stewart are both on NDIS packages with Samaritans. Samaritans staff have worked with the sisters to help them gain independent living skills. Their mum, Noelene, says that Samaritans has filled the gap in their lives.
How can Samaritans support you?
Samaritans offers a range of individualised services for children, young people and adults that meet your needs and the supports funded by your NDIS package.
Click on the image below to download an overview of Samaritans services or click here for more information.
What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme means support services are no longer rationed and care is focused on the family and individual needs. The Australian Government launched the NDIS in 2013 and is being rolled out across the country in stages.
The NDIS is
- A lifetime approach, supporting people as needs change
- Changing the power of control and enabling those with disabilities and their families the ability to choose how, where and when support is provided
- Promoting social and community participation
- Early intervention, meaning we are not waiting for a crisis
How does the NDIS work?
The NDIA will provide you with funding to purchase the services, supports and equipment that you need. You are then able to choose a service provider, such as Samaritans, to provide you with those supports and services.
Who is eligible?
People eligible include
- Those aged up to 65 years
- Those with a permanent, significant disability who need assistance with communication, mobility, self-care and self-management
- Those with Autism, ABI, Cerebral Palsy and sensory impairments
- Those attempting to delay deterioration of conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s.
- Children living in the Blue Mountains and Penrith region aged between 0-18 years.
You can find out if you are eligable for funding by calling the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) on 1800 800 110 or click here to go to the NDIS Access Checklist.
What will it mean for those working in the sector?
The funding in NSW will double what we already have. This means job roles may change and there may be some new employers developing services across our region. Overall there will be more jobs available as a result.
Over the next 5 years it has been predicted there’ll be 30,000 more jobs in the sector.
Who can I talk to about the NDIS?
Our friendly NDIS support advisor can answer your questions, guide you through the entire process and help you get the supports and services you want! We will help you identify your hopes and dreams and the funding and support you need to acheive them. Call us on 1300 656 336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can Samaritans support me?
As a local registered service provider with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) Samaritans is able to provide quality support that is as individual as you are. We can:
- Offer social and recreational activities.
- Provide skills development and independent living skills.
- Connect you to community activities you like to participate in.
- Provide quality staff who help you achieve your goals.
- Give opportunities to experience a work environment.
- Support and co-ordinate all aspects of your plan.
- Offer support around holidays, respite and temporary care.
Download the Guide to Samaritans Services below for more information.
To receive support as individual as you are, contact us today on 1300 656 336 or email email@example.com.