Samaritans Disaster Recovery service, in partnership with the Anglican community, offers:
- Assistance in caring for individuals and communities affected by major emergencies
- Training to heighten the understanding of emergency management and disaster recovery
Local groups of trained volunteers – Samaritans Disaster Recovery Teams – play a vital role in delivering practical care and assistance to those affected by disasters.
Who we assist
Samaritans Disaster Recovery teams assist the community during or following disasters and emergencies.
Becoming a Disaster Recovery volunteer is a rewarding and challenging experience. We are always looking for volunteers to join our disaster recovery team.
As a disaster recovery volunteer after an initial training session you will meet regularly with your local volunteer team to maintain skills and ensure we are prepared and ready to respond when required. You will have the opportunity to:
- Provide basic material aid
- Respond to people impacted by emergency situations
- Make a genuine difference in local communities
- Enjoy a sense of teamwork
- Learn new skills
- Provide support through evacuation and recovery centres.
We are always keen for new team members to join our disaster recovery teams, so if you would like to find out more please contact us!