Winning battles without warfare
The first week of Australia’s terrorism alert has been very worrying,
- An 18 year old shot dead after attacking two police officers
- One man jailed after threatening Muslim school children
- Another man arrested after sending a threatening message to a police officer
- Muslim women across the country verbally abused
- Cars vandalised and mosques covered with graffiti.
However those who work for peace, nonviolence and justice are striking back with
- A joint statement put out by Australian Imams asserting that protection of human lives is one of the five basic rights of Islam
- A new movement of non-Muslim women wearing the hijab headscarf in support of Muslims
- There is to be a march next month to express solidarity with genuine Muslims
- There is to be a Facebook page for non-Muslims supporting Muslims.
We can win our battles without warfare. That’s what the peace movement is all about. How about wearing a hijab or men growing a beard for peace.