Reconnect services aim to provide support to young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Newcastle, Cessnock, Port Stephens, Lake Macquarie and Maitland Local Government Areas.
Everyone goes through tough times and sometimes young people and families might need a hand.
Reconnect services provides a range of supports to young people aged 12 - 18 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, and who want some assistance with their family relationships. We assist with things like:
- Improving relationships
- Goal setting
- Connecting with education/work.
A support worker is linked to each young person to help with:
- Sorting things out with their family
- Connecting them with training and employment services
- Staying in school when it gets tough
- Finding alternative options for education if needed
- Access income support
- Find somewhere safe to stay if necessary.
Who we assist
Samaritans Reconnect can assist young people aged 12 – 18 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness , and young people aged between 12 – 21 who are recently immigrated to Australia.