Samaritans Intensive Family Preservation (IFP) is an outreach service that aims to keep families together and reduce the risk of children entering the Out Of Home Care system.
IFP focus on providing support for families with a child or young person aged between 0 and 15 years.
The program covers both Gosford and Wyong Shires.
How we can help
The program aims to support you and your family to achieve goals that will create a safer home environment and strengthen loving and happy family relationships. You will be able to lead a more positive life and grow your support and social networks for the future.
We provide high-level case management for 12 weeks, where we recognise your strengths and encourage you and your family to work together with a caseworker to achieve your goals.
We support families to achieve their goals by:
- Visititing you in the comfort of your own home
- Listening in a non-judgemental way
- Supporting you to make informed decisions
- Acknowledging your strengths and achievements
- Providing advice and referrals to assist you with issues related to domestic violence, drug and alcohol misuse, mental health, learning difficulties, children with challenging behaviours
- Assisting to develop further skills in budgeting, cooking, household routines, child development and behaviour management skills
- Linking you to parenting programs delivered within your local area
- Providing 24/7 support for the first 12 weeks
Referrals can only be made through Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ).