Samaritans Children and Parenting Support Service (CAPS) works alongside parents of children aged 0-12 years. All activities the service undertakes are planned and facilitated by skilled and qualified practitioners who understand the importance of play-based learning and child development, as well as the social factors that challenge families.
Samaritans Children and Parenting Support service offers:
- Individual parenting support – our Child and Parenting Support team can tailor support to meet the individual needs of parents and carers. It may be through visiting your home, in the community or participating in a parenting group activity or program.
- Supported play sessions – our free play sessions are for children aged 0-6. Play sessions may occur community facilities or they may occur in a park, in your home or other suitable local venues. All play sessions are facilitated by experienced educators and offer fun, creative activities for children and parents/ carers.
The play sessions provide an opportunity to:
- Increase social connectedness
- Increase understanding of play-based learning and child development
- Develop parents/ carers confidence in meeting the needs of their children
Who we assist
Our Children and Parenting Support Service can assist families in Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Port Stephens and Coonabarabran who:
- Have children aged 0-6 years (supported play groups)
- Have children aged 0-12 years (individual parenting support)
- Are kinship/relative carers.
Contact us to find our more or fill in the referral from below.
Ahadi Kabike, Coordinator
Phone: 0436 924 518