Samaritans Early Learning Centres
Samaritans operates not-for-profit Early Learning Centres in Newcastle and Woodberry with a specific focus on quality and excellence in early childhood education and care.
Samaritans is a charitable organisation invested in supporting the local community. The mission, vision and values of Compassion, Integrity and Justice are the cornerstone that guide all Samaritans services.
In our Early Learning Centres, this means a commitment to ensuring that every child has the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in an environment that is safe, nurturing and designed to ensure that we meet the changing needs of children and families as they join our growing community.
Our philosophy embraces a holistic and welcoming centre-based approach through the development of programs that enhance children’s learning and development while promoting inclusion and respect.
We foster trusting and respectful relationships with children and their families by investing in the development of a strong rapport with all who attend the centre.
Samaritans Early Learning environments offer:
- A culturally diverse setting which reflects the diversity of Educators, families and community
- Programs designed to develop a respect, understanding and knowledge of the traditional owners of the land
- An experienced and committed team of early childhood Teachers and Educators who plan individualised programs to suit each child’s interests and needs
- Specific programs to build children’s emotional wellbeing and resilience to ensure school readiness
- Large indoor play spaces equipped with developmentally appropriate materials and resources to optimise children’s learning and spark their natural curiosity
- Large natural play spaces where children engage with nature
- A sustainability program where children can learn the importance of caring for the environment
- Healthy, tasty meals prepared on site by a qualified cook
- Child/staff ratios above minimum requirements to ensure time for Educators to develop positive and trusting relationships with you and your child as they settle and grow in the Early Learning Centre environment.
- Electronic learning portfolios to enable educators, parents and extended family to connect, from anywhere, at any time and share a child’s play, learning and engagement with family and those important to them.
To find out more about the individual centres please follow the links below;
- Phone Number
- 1300 656 336