Samaritans Care Navigation
Samaritans provides health and wellbeing support for people in Cessnock and Taree.
Samaritans Care Navigation Service is a pilot program to help people achieve their health and wellbeing goals through one-on-one support.
Care Navigators work with local GP’s to support people who are looking to improve their health and wellbeing by;
- breaking down barriers to access care
- helping people develop self-confidence
- linking people with local services
- helping people understand the importance of looking after their own health and wellbeing
How it Works
- GP’s nominate specific health goals for their patients who would benefit from the Care Navigation Service using the Goal Card (see below)
- Care Navigators receive the GP referrals and then contact the individuals to develop a plan for achieving the goal
- Care Navigators work with each person for around 12 weeks to support them to achieve their health goals and then provide a report back to the GP
- There is also an option for people to self-refer to the Care Navigation service
Please note this service is not appropriate for someone experiencing a physical or mental health crisis.
For More Information
Care Navigators: Jennifer Owen & Simone Dora
02 4960 7255
Care Navigators: Vanessa Jones & Louise Cooper
02 4960 7256
- Phone Number
- Taree 02 4960 7255 or Cessnock 02 4960 7256
- Contact Email
- email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org