National Disability Insurance Scheme
The National Disability Insurance Scheme is a new way of providing funding and supoprts to people living with a disability. It gives individuals greater choice and control over the support they receive.
Have you received a package from the National Disability Insurance Agency? Let us support you! Click here to complete an enquiry form and one of our NDIS support advisors will be in contact shortly.
How Samaritans can support you?
Samaritans offers a range of services that meet the needs of individuals and the supports funded in NDIS plans. Explore the services below or call us to find out how we can provide flexible support to you.
|Accommodation & Respite||Personal & Home Care|
|Independent Living Skills||Social & Recreational Activities|
|Mental Health Support||Specialist Clinical Support|
|Child & Family Support||Support Planning|
Click here to find out more about how Samaritans can support you or call us on 1300 656 336.
What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme means support services are no longer rationed and care is focused on the family and individual needs. The Australian Government launched the NDIS in 2013 and is being rolled out across the country in stages.
The NDIS is
- A lifetime approach, supporting people as needs change
- Changing the power of control and enabling those with disabilities and their families the ability to choose how, where and when support is provided
- Promoting social and community participation
- Early intervention, meaning we are not waiting for a crisis
How does the NDIS work?
The NDIA will provide you with funding to purchase the services, supports and equipment that you need. You are then able to choose a service provider, such as Samaritans, to provide you with those supports and services.
Who is eligible?
The Hunter Valley, Penrith and Central Coast regions are some of the small number of launch sites for the NDIS.
People eligible include
- Those aged up to 65 years
- Those with a permanent, significant disability who need assistance with communication, mobility, self-care and self-management
- Those with Autism, ABI, Cerebral Palsy and sensory impairments
- Those attempting to delay deterioration of conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s.
- Children living in the Blue Mountains and Penrith region aged between 0-18 years.
You can find out if you are eligable for funding by calling the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) on 1800 800 110 or click here to go to the NDIS Access Checklist.
What will it mean for those working in the sector?
The funding in NSW will double what we already have. This means job roles may change and there may be some new employers developing services across our region. Overall there will be more jobs available as a result.
Over the next 5 years it has been predicted there’ll be 30,000 more jobs in the sector.
Who can I talk to about the NDIS?
Our friendly NDIS support advisor can answer your questions, guide you through the entire process and help you get the supports and services you want! We will help you identify your hopes and dreams and the funding and support you need to acheive them. Call us on 1300 656 336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can Samaritans support me?
As a local registered service provider with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) Samaritans is able to provide quality support that is as individual as you are. We can:
- Offer social and recreational activities.
- Provide skills development and independent living skills.
- Connect you to community activities you like to participate in.
- Provide quality staff who help you achieve your goals.
- Give opportunities to experience a work environment.
- Support and co-ordinate all aspects of your plan.
- Offer support around holidays, respite and temporary care.
Download the Guide to Samaritans Services below for more information.
To receive support as individual as you are, contact us today on 1300 656 336 or email email@example.com.
- Phone Number
- 1300 656 336