Intensive Family Preservation
Samaritans provides intensive family preservation in the Central Coast.
At the Intensive Family Preservation service, our primary aim is to maintain each family we work with as a unit and reduce the risk of children entering the Out Of Home Care system. Intensive Family Preservation (IFP) focus on providing support for families with a child or young person aged between 0 and 15 years.
The program is an outreach service covering both Gosford and Wyong Shires. We provide high level case management for the first 12 weeks. You can also recieve support for a further 12 weeks. We recognise your strengths and encourage you and your family to work together with the caseworker to achieve your goals.
Aim of the program:
The program aims to support you and your family to achieve goals that will create a safer home environment and strengthen loving and happy family relationships. You will be able to lead a more positive life and grow your support and social networks for the future.
How can we support you to achieve your goals?
- Visit you in the comfort of your own home
- Listen, be non-judgemental and encourage and support you to make informed decisions
- Acknowledge your strengths and achievements
- Provide you with:
- advice and referrals to assist you with issues related to domestic violence, drug and alcohol misuse, mental health, learning difficulties, children with challenging behaviours and more.
- opportunities to develop further skills in budgeting, cooking, household routines, child development and behaviour management skills.
- parenting programs and/or link you to parenting programs delivered within your local area.
- 24/7 support for the first 12 weeks.
Through this program, we can offer you:
- Assistance to link in to parenting programs and skills focussed groups
- Practical skills and planning
- Intensive case management
- Refer and liaise with external providers such as community activities, groups, education and training opportunities, skills training etc to meet your needs
Referrals can only be made through Family and Community Services (FaCS).
All enquiries during business hours on the details below.
- Phone Number
- 4384 8436
- Contact Email