In Home Child Care
Samaritans provides In Home Child Care in Newcastle & Hunter Valley regions- quality care in the Child’s own home.
In Home Child Care is a flexible form of child care where the care is provided in the child’s own home by an approved Educator. This service operates in Newcastle & Hunter Valley regions.
The care is monitored and supported by Samaritans, an approved service provider to ensure quality outcomes for children. In Home Child Care aims to support the growing number of parents who are trying to balance work and commitments. It offers great flexibility in hours of child care especially to those families who can’t access existing services. This service also attracts Commonwealth Governments Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate.
In Home Child Care is designed for families who have no access to existing child care services, or their circumstances mean that an existing child care service cannot meet their needs. The family must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- The parent(s) work shift work or non standard hours.
- The family lives in a rural or remote area
- The family has a child with an illness or disability that reduces the family’s capacity to care for the child(ren).
- The parent(s) have had a multiple birth (3 or more).
- The parent(s) have three or more children not yet attending school.
In Home Child Care provides:
- The comfort and security of the child’s own home.
- The benefit of government subsidised fees.
- Personalised child care.
- Quality assurance through the monitoring of care by professional child care workers.
- Support for working parents.
Click on the map for a larger view.
Earn an income!
Opportunities exist for In Home Child Care Educators; professional, dedicated child care workers who can earn an income caring for children in the children’s own home.
In Home Child Care Educators:
- Are self employed
- Meet essential requirements
- Are warm, energetic and enjoy working with children
- Are available to work flexible hours
- Are willing to participate in ongoing Professional Development
- Want to be part of a team of child care workers providing a valuable community service.
- Are 18 years of age or over.
If you meet the criteria and are interested in registering your family or are interested in becoming a carer, please contact us via the details below.