Getting It Together Scheme
Samaritans offers financial support for young people and their families in Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and the Hunter Valley.
Samaritans provides the Getting It Together Scheme (GITS), a financial brokerage service for young people and their families who have a history of alcohol and/or drug misuse.
The GITS brokerage can be used to overcome financial barriers to support young people in achieving their goals.
Brokerage could be used for:
- Daily living expenses like groceries and clothing
- Education and employment expenses like school uniforms and excursions
- Accommodation expenses like rental bonds and moving expenses
- Physical health & medical services like medical check-ups and gym memberships
- Social and cultural expenses like accessing interpreter services or attending art and music classes
- Living skills expenses like cooking classes or driving lessons
- Transport expenses including fuel cards and licence tests
- Identification expenses like birth certificates or proof of ID cards
- Therapeutic services including counselling and group work
Young people who;
- are aged 12-16 with some flexibility for providing support to young people aged 17-25
- live in the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Dungog, Port Stephens and Cessnock local government areas
- have a current or recent history of alcohol or drug misuse or is affected by alcohol or drug misuse within their family
Brokerage must be supported by a case plan and applied for by a worker on behalf of the young person.
- Phone Number
- 0428 006 417
- Contact Email