Central Coast Early Intervention & Activities
Samaritans provides early intervention & activities on the Central Coast.
The Samaritans EIA team operates within the Central Coast Region across the Wyong Local Government Areas ranging from Mannering Park in the North to Bateau Bay in the South.
Early Intervention & Activities (EIA) focus on providing support for families with a child or young person aged between 0 and 17 years. EIA provides the following range of services for families with children under 13 years and for young people aged 13-17 years and their families:
- Advice and Referral
- Assessment & Case Planning
- Information and Advice
- Assistance to link in with additional services and relevant agencies
- Assistance for parents & caregivers who may have financial and employment difficulties.
How can we support you to achieve your goals?
- Visit you at a location where you feel most comfortable.
- Listen, be non-judgemental and encourage and support you to make informed decisions.
- Acknowledge your strengths and achievements.
- Provide advice and referrals for issues including family relationship breakdowns, drug and alcohol misuse, mental health, learning difficulties and challenging behaivours.
- Provide you with opportunities to develop further skills in budgeting, cooking, household routines, child development and behaviour management skills and more.
- Provide parenting programs and/or link you to parenting programs delivered within your local area.
- Provide skills focus groups for young people in schools.
- Provide assistance with employment and career options.
- Assist you to develop increased self-esteem, confidence, positive communication and more.
What else we can offer you
- School Based Skill focussed groups and/or training for youth. These workshops help develop life skills training (social skills, relationships & leadership) as well as provide career advice and general support.
- Practical Skills Development Groups provide practical skills in a group situation including cooking, household management and money management skills. Modules include budgeting, credit card vs debit card, having Net Smartz and Basic First Aid.
- Parenting Skills Groups provide structured parenting programs comprising short-term focussed interventions designed to help parents improve their relationship with their child. These groups focus on developing parents’ skills in responding to children’s needs and particularly appropriately addressing challenging behaviours and emotional problems.
We also work alongside other Samaritans programs including: Intensive Family Support, Child, Disability and Community Services.
Need more info? Give us a call or send an email.