Samaritans supports children and their families going through challenging times in Newcastle.
Creative Times is an innovative program that works with children and their families going through challenging times. Creative Times has a focus on early intervention and prevention, supporting people by promoting individual, family and community strengths. Creative Times works alongside families by providing a safe place for them to notice and celebrate the things that are working well and to share ideas to explore new ways of working together, having fun and looking after each other.
Families can access support from Creative Times in a number of ways:
- An after school goal focussed activity group for 8-12 year olds in the Gateshead, Mayfield and surrounding areas
- Individual counselling for children or adults in a family
- Family catch up sessions: Creative Times workers can meet with families to provide support for a particular area in family life. These catch-ups can also be a space for parents to participate in an individualised parenting program.
Creative Times can support families, parents and young people by:
- Finding new ways of meeting everyone’s needs.
- Developing more helpful communication skills.
- Finding helpful ways of dealing with tricky behaviours.
- Getting more connected with your community.
- Providing support for understanding emotional needs and ways to meet them.
- Finding ways to get through tough times as a family.
- Looking for ways for families and young people to develop their resilience.
- Enhancing their understanding positive health and wellbeing.
- Phone Number
- 4942 1621
- Contact Email