Position Available: Permanency Support Program (PSP) Team Leader
For over 30 years Samaritans has been providing unconditional support to many different groups of people. Samaritans core values of compassion, integrity and justice continue to be central to everything we do. Our services support people with a disability, young people, children, families, those escaping domestic violence, and those leaving prison, among others.
Our vision is to build communities where there is care for the vulnerable and where each individual has the opportunity to contribute and participate fully in community life. Behind this vision is a united team made up of over 700 staff members and 400 volunteers who work together throughout Newcastle, Hunter, Central Coast, Mid-Western and the Mid-North Coast regions of NSW.
We want to work with people who believe in this vision and are genuinely committed to making a difference to their community.
We are currently searching for a Team Leader for our Permanency Support Program to join our team based in Mudgee, NSW. Mudgee is a thriving town on the banks of the Cudgegong River and the perfect tree change for those wanting to escape city stress. Mudgee is well known for food and wine excellence and outdoor adventure, exploring nearby world heritage listed Wollemi National Park.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide supervision and leadership to a team of Case Managers and Case Work Support staff. You will focus heavily on:
- Providing specialist advice to Case Managers on best practise in working with children, young people, parents and carers;
- Support the implementation of evidence informed approaches into practice, working with and mentoring the team;
- Facilitate, attend and participate in case conferences and meetings to ensure the young persons needs are paramount and promote the values of transparency, participation and empowerment;
- In partnership with the Manager, work within a budget and monitor monthly expenditure;
- Effectively maintain appropriate documentation such as records, files, case notes, and audits;
- Assist Case Managers to prepare court documents.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Your experience in dealing with complex and sensitive circumstances has provided you with the ability to give expert advice and assistance to your team. You recognise the importance of role modelling collaborative and accountable case management that respects the culture and circumstances of each young person, family, carer and partner agencies.
Your passion for helping people will also shine through during the review of case management practice and identifying and implementing professional development programs for your team to meet individual and group learning goals.
THE ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
– Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Social Science, Early Education or similar (or working towards one of these in conjunction with experience in a similar role);
– Experience supervising a team, or excited to take that step in your career;
– Overseeing case management that focuses on the engagement of families and carers (highly desirable)
– Strong interpersonal skills that provide a basis for effective negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution practices and outcomes; and
– Highly developed case management documentation skills, including experience with Permanency Program legal requirements.
Our team is the heart of what we do here at Samaritans. As a part of the Samaritans team, you have access to the following great benefits:
– Competitive salary package;
– A company provided motor vehicle, or a vehicle allowance;
– Relocation assistance if required;
– Salary sacrifice options;
– Caretrac corporate gym membership;
– Career and development opportunities;
– Payroll giving programs;
– The opportunity to work within an innovative, collaborative team environment.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Fill in the form below and someone will be in touch.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia.
No agencies or third party applications please.