Here to help
Financial Assistance for people Impacted by Bushfire and COVID-19
Samaritans is here to support the people across the Newcastle, Hunter, Mid North Coast and Central Coast local government areas.
Call 1300 656 336 and select option 5 for more information or complete the form below to request a callback.
Assistance available may include:
- Food vouchers
- Essentials vouchers
- Utility grants (power/gas, telephone/internet)
- Special household/personal grants (clothing, bedding, kitchen utensils, furniture)
- Personal needs (medical and pharmaceutical)
- Vehicle grants (registration, insurance and petrol)
- School assistance (books, uniforms, excursions)
- Financial counselling
- Homeowners effected by bushfire needing support to return to the land (people whose primary place of residence has been destroyed or rendered permanently uninhabitable and people whose place of residence that has not been destroyed but needs structural repairs to make it safe to return home.
We want to make the process of applying for support as simple as possible. Before we start the application, we may need the following documents:
- Proof of your identity for you and your partner, such as a driver’s licence or passport
- Current income statement (If in receipt of benefit)
- Current Bank statement
- Poof of rent or board paid
- Proof of home ownership, such as a rates notice, loan document or title (If applicable)
- Any evidence of any debts and repayments made
- Recent bills paid and outstanding
- Any other documentation that will support your application
Please call 1300 656 336 and select option 5 to find out more or to get assistance. Alternatively, you can complete the below form and a friendly staff member will call you back.