Samaritans Supported Playgroup
Samaritans offers free Supported Playgroups for children aged from birth up to 6 years.
Samaritans Supported Playgroups are facilitated by qualified Early Childhood trained staff. The facilitator can provide advice and information on parenting issues and community support. The facilitator also demonstrates key techniques based around play, communication skills and behaviour management.
The playgroups provided a structured and positive learning environment in which children can socialise, play and learn. They are also a great way for parents to meet and share their experiences.
We celebrate parents being the best teachers of their children. Many families benefit from the supported playgroups as it promotes learning through play, having fun and spending quality time with your child. Benefits include:
- Experienced and qualified early childhood and family support workers
- A structured, positive learning environment that promotes children’s quality social interactions, play, knowledge and development
- Model ways in which parents and carers can play and communicate with their children to promote positive family and parent/carer child relationships
- Links, referrals and access to community, health and social services
- Information relating to resources and events within the wider community
- Information and support around your child’s development
- Guest speakers covering issues relating to parenting and childhood
- Parents gain the opportunity to meet and share their experiences
The Playgroups offer a range of activities for children and their parents/ carers to enjoy, including craft, games, music and stories. Morning tea is also provided.
The Playgroups are located in Windale, Teralba, Beresfield and Coonabarabran. For more information on times and locations please use the contact information below.