Older Parent Carer Program
This service offers support to a parent or parents over 60 who are caring for their adult children living with a disability.
The primary focus of the Older Parent Carer Program is to provide support to you as a carer. The program is based on person-centred case management, meaning you are able to choose the support you receive.
We operate on the Central Coast.
Samaritans Support Coordinators:
- listen to carers, provide advice, support & mentoring to support decision making;
- acknowledge the uniqueness of individuals & families;
- link and refer carers to appropriate services in the community;
- provide opportunity for quality time away from your caring role;
- encourage pursuit of personal interests to connect carers and maintain friendships with peers in the local community networks;
- assist carers to prepare for future accommodation needs of their son/daughter;
- talk with carers about transition planning which will give them peace of mind that the person they are caring for has future support to meet their changing needs;
- foster an environment which promotes hopes, dreams and aspirations for carers.