Samaritans Temporary Care
Samaritans provides respite support to children and adults with a disability in Newcastle and the Hunter Valley as part of the NDIS.
This service provides flexible recreational and social supports for people with a disability in the Hunter Valley. Programs currently available are:
- Host Family Respite Care: The person with a disability spends time in the home of a volunteer caregiver family, usually on a weekend as a regular arrangement.
- Saturday Fun Club: Provides out-of-home respite care through fun and exciting centre based activities for school aged children who have a disability.
- Aged Parents Respite Options: Provides flexible respite options for aged parent carers of a person with a disability.
- Integrated Vacation Care: Primary school aged children who have a disability enjoy fun and exciting excursions or are supported at mainstream vacation care centres.
- Flexible Respite Options: Provides flexible respite options for primary carers of a person who has a disability.
- 13-17YO: Provides social support to teenagers (aged 13 to 17 years) who have a disability to further their access to community based activities.
- Teen Time: Provides centre-based after school care and vacation care activities to secondary school students (12 years and over) with a disability who have moderate to high support needs with parents/carers who are seeking employment, already employed and/or studying.
- Phone Number
- 02 4937 5502
- Contact Email
- C/- Hospital Lang Street Kurri Kurri NSW 2327